Japanese Cotton Cake
Serving Size: 8 slices
- 100 gr St Auvent Cake
- 100 gr cream cheese
- 130 ml milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 60 gr flour
- 60 gr cornstarch
- 13 egg whites
- 130 gr granulated sugar
- Hot water
- Powdered sugar
- 3 pcs strawberry
- Preheat the oven to 160℃.
- In a small pot over medium heat, whisk together St Auvent Cake, cream cheese, and milk until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth, then slowly drizzle in the cream cheese mixture, stir until evenly combined.
- Sift in the flour and cornstarch, whisk it, make sure there are no lumps.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar while continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold about 1/4 of the egg whites into the yolk mixture, then repeat with the remaining egg whites until the batter is evenly combined.
- Grease bottom of a round cake pan (diameter 9 inch, height 3 inch) with St Auvent Cake, and line the bottom and side of the pan with parchment paper. If you use a springform pan, double wrap outside the pan with aluminium foil.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and shake to release any air bubbles.
- Place the pan into a larger pan. Pour hot water into the larger pan until it comes about half way up the side of the smaller pan.
- Bake at 160℃ for 25 minutes with "Au Bain Marie" technique, then lower the heat to 140℃, and bake for another 55 minutes until it's doubled in height.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar and put some strawberries on the top.
Copyright © 2019 PT Farmera Foods. All rights reserved.